Adekunle was born in Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria, but spent some part of his ministerial life in Lagos, the economic hub of Nigeria. Adekunle accepted Christ into his life as a young boy, was baptised at the age of eighteen and sensed God leading him into full time ministry.
He has a Bachelor of Religious Education from Christ International Divinity College, Ilesha, Osun State, Nigeria affiliated to Acadia University, Canada, and two Masters of Theology from University of Geneva/Ecumenical Institute of Bossey, Geneva, Switzerland and Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary, Abeokuta, Nigeria, and presently studying for his Doctor of Ministry in Acadia University, Canada.
Adekunle began serving as the Minister at St James United Church on January 1, 2020. Previous to that he served as the Minister of three churches in Labrador and close to two decade of Ministry in Nigeria.
Adekunle is not just a teacher of the Word of God, but a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, with passion for both contemporary and traditional worship. His ministry has witnessed outstanding testimonies as a result of power ministry, seeing lives being transformed and getting committed to Jesus Christ. Adekunle is an Ecumenical Theologian, who is passionate about Church Growth and developing leaders.
He’s been married to Oluwatoyin Dorcas since 2004 with three growing children; Adeife, Temilade and Samuel. In his spare time, he loves gardening, playing table tennis and walking with his family.
- Doctor of Ministry: Acadia University, Wolfville, NS Canada: 2019 to date
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies (Theology/Philosophy of Religion): Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary, Abeokuta, Nigeria, in Affiliation with Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria – 2015
- Masters in Ecumenical Theology: University of Geneva/Ecumenical Institute of Bossey, Geneva, Switzerland – 2011
- Post Graduate Diploma in Religious Studies: University of Ekiti, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria – 2006
- Diploma in Christian Ministry: The African Church College of Theology, Ifako, Lagos – 2005
- Bachelor of Religious Education: Acadia University, Wolfville, NS Canada: In Affiliation with Christ International Divinity College, Erinmo-Ijesa, Osun State, Nigeria – 2002
Mary Wheelan (Administrative Assistant)
Mary has been administrative assistant at Saint James since 2001. She is married to John Wheelan and has two children Andrew (Lori) and Katrina (Kirby) and three grandchildren, Kasen, Rhett and Klara.
Saint James has been a long time part of my life and Mary says, “I absolutely love my job. Her responsibilities include being receptionist, working closely with the all committees, as well as, part of the “Ministry Team.”